Topics for Various Ages
Browse health topics that are particular to certain age groups. Also, note the types of health screenings that are typical for each age.
Guidelines for Parenting
- While children don't arrive with owners manuals, here are some tips to help you get started caring for your little one.
- Interested in the latest information about new medical advances, research, and tips to keep you and your family healthy? Subscribe to our publications.
Library Topics from Our Medical Services
We've arranged our library by health topic, with a liberal dose of information centered around a body system or disease type.
- Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonary (Allergies, Immune Problems, Lungs and Breathing)
- Cardiology (Heart)
- Critical Care (Intensive Care)
- Dentistry (Mouth and Teeth)
- Dermatology (Skin, Hair, and Nails)
- Endocrinology (Diabetes, Growth, and Hormones)
- Gastroenterology (Digestive System)
- Genetics (Inherited Conditions)
- Gynecology (Female Reproductive System)
- Hematology Oncology (Blood Diseases)
- Infectious Diseases (Infections)
- Mental Health (Behavioral and Developmental)
- Neonatology (Newborns - High Risk)
- Nephrology (Kidneys)
- Neurology (Brain and Nerves)
- Neurosurgery (Brain Surgery)
- Ophthalmology (Eyes and Vision)
- Orthopedics (Bones, Joints, and Muscles)
- Otolaryngology (Ears, Nose, and Throat)
- Pediatrics and Family Medicine (Primary Care)
- Pulmonary (Allergy, Lungs, and Breathing)
- Rheumatology (Arthritis, Autoimmune Diseases)
- Sports Medicine (Sports Injuries and Therapy)
- Surgery (Traditional and Minimally Invasive)
- Transplant Surgery (Organ and Tissue Transplantation)
- Urology (Urinary System and Male Reproductive System)
Our medical staff members and librarians have assembled a collection of materials written with professional care givers in mind.
- Medical Journals and References for Pediatrics Professionals from the University of Iowa's Hardin Library for the Health Sciences
- Guides Produced by University of Iowa Faculty and Staff for Health Professionals