Next Patient Move into UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital: Saturday, March 25
We are pleased to announce that the next move of patients into the new University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital will occur on Saturday, March 25.
The following areas will be part of the March 25 move:
- Level 9: 9th Floor Inpatient Unit
- Level 10: Walmart and Sam’s Club 10th Floor Inpatient Unit
The March 25 move will begin at 9 a.m. and is expected to take several hours to complete. Pediatric patients and families currently on Levels 2 and 3 of the John Colloton Pavilion will move to the new children’s hospital.
As with the Feb. 25 move, Elevator G in UI Hospitals and Clinics will be used for patient transport on March 25. To avoid delays, please use an alternate travel route, if possible.
With the completion of the March 25 move, all pediatric inpatient units will have relocated to the new children’s hospital. After March 25, only Level 4 (Surgery Center) and Level 5 (Surgery and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit) will have yet to move into the new facility. Details on the Levels 4 and 5 move will be announced at a later date.
As you may know, the following areas of the new UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital are now open:
- Gerdin Family Lobby on Level 1, which includes:
- Information Desk, Admitting and Registration Desk, and Concierge Services
- The Café
- Kaleidoscope Gift Shop and Safety Store
- Janice and Bruce Ellig Children’s Library
- Outpatient pharmacy on Level 2
Also, we are excited to share that Monday, March 13, marked the opening of Level 12 of the new children’s hospital. Level 12, which is the top floor of our new hospital, is also known as the Rooftop. It is the highest occupiable space in Johnson County and includes:
- A Vista Room with scenic views of the Iowa City-Coralville area
- A Meditation Room to support the needs of patients, families, visitors, and staff and featuring “Lift Your Spirits,” an 8-feet-wide and 8-feet-tall painted glass art piece by renowned artist Bebe Keith
- North and South Healing Gardens, with alcove seating and strolling paths featuring plants and others natural elements that help reduce stress and promote healing
- The Press Box, a place reserved for pediatric patients and families to enjoy planned activities or events hosted by our child life team, along with the adjacent Press Box Café for Press Box events and other special occasions
Considering the smooth, safe, and well-coordinated move of patients that occurred on Feb. 25, we are confident that the March 25 move will be equally successful. Updates on the progress of the move will be made throughout the day at facebook.com/uichildrens.
This has been a remarkable journey, and we’re almost there!