Official Opening Set
We are pleased and excited to announce that we will begin moving into the new University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital on Saturday, Feb. 25.
The following areas will be part of the Feb. 25 move:
- Lower Level 2: Imaging and Procedure Center
- Lower Level 1: Discharge Lobby and Main Pharmacy
- Level 1: Gerdin Family Lobby
- Level 2: Dialysis and Infusion Center
- Level 3: Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PCICU and PICU)
- Level 6: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Level 11: UI Dance Marathon Pediatric Cancer Center
Remaining areas of the new children’s hospital will open at a later date. This will allow time to complete device integration and staff training and ensure the remaining areas are ready for patients, families, and employees. Clearly, the planning, design, construction, and preparation for moving into the new children’s hospital has been a historic undertaking. Please follow the progress of our move on Saturday at facebook.com/uichildrens.