How to Prepare for a Visit
We pledge to provide the care you would expect from a leader among children's hospitals. In our philosophy, you as a parent are a partner on your child's care team.
- Before Your Child's Surgery: Frequently Asked Questions
- Distraction in Action
- Helping Your Child with a Needle Stick
- How to Choose a Pediatrician for Your Child
- Your Child's Stay on the Pediatric Inpatient Unit
We encourage you to prepare for your child's health care visit by using this simple check list.
- Because we want a complete picture of your child's condition, it is important for you to provide a list of prescribed medications and over-the-counter remedies he or she is currently taking. You may consider using an on-line service like MyChart that automatically lists any prescriptions written by our doctors.
- Instructions for a Procedure
- Many procedures will have a set of do's and don'ts so that your child is prepared. An example might be, "Don't have your child eat any solid food 12 hours before the procedure." If any preparations are necessary, our care team will send you a set of directions to follow. MyChart, our on-line communications tool, is an excellent way for you to stay in touch with your child's care team for instructions, test results, and care updates.
- Comfortable Accommodations
- Our doctors perform many surgical procedures that don't require an overnight hospital stay. Our care team will monitor your child's condition so that you can safely be on your way home the same day. If the procedure calls for your child to have a hospital stay, let our Concierge Services help you find suitable accommodations for you and other family members to stay.
- Check on Insurance Coverage
- We can assist you with determining the terms of your health insurance plan so that you can anticipate what will be covered and what will require payments from you.
- Let Us Know How We Can Better Assist You
- Our goal is to provide you and your family with the care and conveniences that meet your needs. We're proud of the way our staff is prepared to meet the needs of our patients and their families. Please let us know about anything we can do to assist you during your time in our care.