Center for Disabilities and Development
The Center for Disabilities and Development at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and independence of people with disabilities and creating a life with opportunities for everyone.
People who come to our clinic often have complex needs, which is why we use a team approach, bringing together the right experts to help families find answers. At the heart of each team are the patient and family.
The center has been designated the state's University Center for Excellence on Disabilities and strives to be the state's most trusted resource for health care, training, research, and information for people with disabilities.
Preparing for Your Visit to CDD
Programs and Services
- Disability Resource Library
- Clinical Services
- CDD Staff
- University Center for Excellence in Disabilities
- ILEND Training Program
- When Emeline’s parents learned their daughter had Down syndrome, they knew they wanted her to be born at UI Stead Family Children's Hospital. Newborns with Down syndrome often have health issues, and they wanted a hospital that could care for all of her needs.Read more
- Read more
- Taylor Phillips has spastic quadriplegia with hypertonia, meaning her limbs are stiff. But with the help of speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy, she loves riding tandem bike with her father and hanging out on their acreage with her brother, Brody. Read more
- The only treatment for preeclampsia is to deliver the baby. At 25 weeks pregnant, Julie was taken by ambulance and Abi was born the next day, weighing just over 1 pound.Read more
Locations and Contact
Iowa City, Iowa
Center for Disabilities and Development213 CDDCenter for Disabilities and Development100 Hawkins DriveIowa City, IA 52242
- Phone: 319-353-6900
- Toll free: 877-686-0031
- For medical records phone: 319-356-1346
- For medical records fax: 319-356-7700
Iowa City, Iowa
Psychiatry Specialty Clinic (CDD)Room 146Center for Disabilities and Development100 Hawkins DriveIowa City, IA 52242
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: 319-384-9977
- Toll free: 888-573-KIDS (5437) (ask to be transferred to above number)
Pediatric Specialty Services (Quad Cities)University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital - Pediatric Specialty Services (Quad Cities)865 Lincoln RoadSuite 400Bettendorf, IA 52272
- Phone: 563-344-2240
- Toll free: 877-386-9105